mathing

I wanted to make jam, and like always, I realized I didn't have quite enough sugar.  Rather than go to the store I asked G to calculate how much fruit I needed if I only had 4 cups of sugar.  The recipe calls for 3 3/4 cups of fruit for 5 1/4 cups of sugar.  So he divided the fruit by the sugar to find that each cup of sugar needed 0.71 cups of fruit.  Then he multiplied this number to find that we needed 3.85ish cups of fruit. 

We went to the doctor on Friday because G's cough wasn't getting better.  G told the doctor that he has some friends at his new school.  When I asked him about that he told me the names of some girls he knows from church.  Since he's always been in the deaf class he's never been in a class with these girls.  But they are fun girls we know.  I hope that G will someday have friends are more than acquaintances.  I know it's hard to have those friends if they don't live in your neighborhood.  The kids at co-op love G and would like to be better friends.  A lot of things about our life sort of conspire against G's friendships.  2 boys at church are his friends but he's never in their class.  The two kids in the deaf class are G's friends but he doesn't go to school with them now, and their sports commitments have made getting together hard.

G's read a lot of books about friends.  I didn't have friends so much as people in the neighborhood to play games with until High School.  G is a great kid and I hope he will be a good friend.

Comments

I can easily contact my friends through meetings at church and email, and Xbox.

Popular Posts