All by myself

G did two things today all by himself and it was awesome.
I encourage him to help put away the utensils and he is usually reluctant, but then does it enthusiastically. Today I just left the tray out and when he went in the kitchen he jumped up and did it. Then he called out to us and said "myself!"

Shortly there after we were making cookies (which he frequently decides will be a good idea) and he cracked the egg all by himself. He use to not want to have anything to do with the egg. Then he would knock it with a spoon. Eventually he would put his hands over mine for the breaking part. Today he cracked it with a spoon and then took it over and broke it over the bowl. He got his hands in the white, but was so psyched that he had done it himself. I love it that he loves to be competent.

Comments

Popular Posts