Creative Play

Yesterday G pretended he was digging. I asked him if he was pretending to be a dog
and he said yes. Then he ran around digging in different corners. Suddenly he started to find "dinosaur bones" and carry them laboriously over to the table. He'd tell me what bone it was with a huge smile on his face. After a few bones I asked him if he could find the head. Then he ran into my room and came back pretending to carry a huge dinosaur head. I asked him where it came from and he said it was in dad's bed.

This was the most pure imaginative play I have ever seen from him. He has seen a Clifford episode where the dogs search for bones, but it has been months since we watched it. So while it's not like he invented the idea of a dog digging up bones, but it was some very beautiful imaginative play with no concrete models to spur the idea.

Comments

Popular Posts