I did my best

Last night G went to a birthday party at a skating rink.  He's never used real skates before.  And skating on a smooth surface is really slippery.  I walked him around about 4 times.  The rink had a break with races done by age.  We watched them race.  Then another mom walked him around 5 times.  Later after pizza, cake and presents, G was skating around on his own.  He was making so much progress, but still learning. 

The rink took a break to have more races and G went out and joined the 10 and under race.  I watched, scared.  He wobbled his way around and didn't quite make the whole loop before they were telling people to clear the path for the next race.  When he made it over to me he told me that he did his best. 

I am so proud of him for having the courage to try things.  He has such courage to try things.  I love him.

Comments

Popular Posts