catching up on cuddles

This past week I've needed to lay down with L at night to get him to sleep.  G has been taking the opportunity to come get some cuddles.  For years the girls have demanded cuddles at bedtime.  I give a lot of cuddles!  I'm so glad to catch up with some cuddle time with G.  I don't know if we've cuddled since M was born sadly.  It's a classic case of squeaky wheel and such.  He has been requesting massages for the last year.  So I guess he hasn't been missing out so bad.

I feel like I just barely see him through the day with all the other children demanding so much attention.  We wake up, and briefly discuss what we'll have for breakfast, then G is off reading.  Then it's hustle to school and "go do your work" so they can have computer time.  Then it's dinner time before we know it and activities and bedtime.  I need to get some more routines that get me off the computer and having more real face time with the children.

For the first time in my life I'm looking forward to DST and going to the park in the evening.  L is getting so good on the playground, I can play catch with G more.

G is on a soccer team, math team, book team, scouts and life in general.  He's busy!  He has always had a great attitude and enjoyed just participating without being too concerned with winning or self consciousness.   He's had a few incidents recently of getting upset with his math, or lost socks.  He's learning that it's better to go read a book or better yet; sleep, than fight with his parents.  AMEN!

Today as he tried to check in on the blogs and found nothing new he said "Mom, can you go write some more things about us?" 

G loves to carry L and B.  Too bad his parents don't believe in kids carrying kids.  We just don't want people to get hurt and so we try to avoid things like kids getting top heavy and dropping a sibling.  Another dangerous thing we avoid is swimming with alligators. 

G continues to read a wide array of books and is pleased to have reached the gold reading level.  The challenge is to find books that are safe for a 12 year old who reads like a 12th grader.  G has been reading some classics like "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" series.  P plans to read a really good series with G called "The queens Thief."

G recently read a book version of "Galaxy Quest" and I hear it was awesome.  I took the littles to the park so G and M, who also read the book, could watch the movie.  Today as G was re-reading the book at church... Bro. C used a line from the movie in his talk.



"Never give up!  Never surrender!"

Comments

Popular Posts