Global Pursuit

Today we achieved a long time wish of mine to play Global Pursuit with the children.  M and G played with me and it was nice how fast the play was.  G knew every answer even the level 3 ones.  I was jealous but able to switch my perspective to be pleased that he knows so much.  That's my son!  I always felt so dumb playing that game with my older siblings.  That's life.  But it's also perspective. 

I'm grateful that playing group solitaire with the P family has helped me just enjoy being a part of the game.  I have won maybe 2 games in the 20 years I have known the P family.  I know the rules, and I enjoy being included and that is enough.

This week G goes to NY for a math competition.  He's had a few upsets this year.  The Battle of the Books team didn't make it to nationals.  He got 2nd place at deafinition after winning it the last 2 years.  As he goes to NY for the math competition (flying out at 3:30AM!) I hope he remembers to have a good time meeting other smart kids and just to enjoy the experience.

As Rachel Coleman says "We win because we play."

Comments

Popular Posts